MaputoMaputo is accessible by plane from Europe via Lisbon and from Johannesburg in South Africa. It is also easily accessible by road from Swaziland and South Africa. These are the districts of Maputo Province:-
- Boane District
- Magude District
- Manhiça District
- Marracuene District
- Moamba District
- Namaacha District
- Matutuine District
Photo by Rohan Reddy on Unsplash
Places of Historical interest - Monuments & Impressive Architecture
- The Catholic Cathedral built in 1944, which is found on Independence Square (Praca de Independencia)
- The Museum of Natural history, a large building with many exhibits.
- The House of Iron, Casa de Ferro, built in 1892
- The Museum of the Revolution
- The statue of the late Samora Machel (a Revolutionary leader and former president) found on Praca de Independencia’
The province of Maputo and the city of Maputo have several beautiful natural attractions. Visitors will find many of these are within easy reach and they are great places to escape to for the day, these include:-
- The Waterfall at Namaacha
- Inhaca Island which is 34 kilometres away, accessible via a scenic boat ride.
- Catembe another gorgeous island, from here visitors can see a great view of the city
- Pequenos Libombos Dam
- The Bazar de Baixa – or simply the central Market. Tourists who come here can be engrossed for hours as they browse the various stalls. Popular for fresh produce and various local crafts.
- The Tunduru Botanical Gardens
- Maputo Bay
- Maputo city has several vibrant nightclubs, bars and a Casino these can be found in Fere de Populare.